All are Welcome. Always.
10:00am Worship on Sunday Mornings
Fairmount Avenue United Methodist Church is a church that seeks to create a "joyful, welcoming community; igniting hears and minds for God's work." We know that visiting a new church can feel a little disorienting, but we hope that your first visit to Fairmount Avenue UMC feels welcoming and easy. Fairmount Avenue UMC is a place where all people are welcome. Always.
We would love to worship with you, online or in person!
Masks: Masks are welcome, but no longer required.
Vaccines: Vaccines are encouraged for everyone, but not required for worship. All volunteers leading worship, serving in youth and children's ministries, and staff must be fully vaccinated.
A couple of notes for your first time with us:
1. Location: We are easy to find - located on the corner of Fairmount Avenue and Saratoga St. (One block East of Snelling Ave and three blocks South of Grand Ave.) More Specifics Directions are Here.
2. Parking: Our parking is on the street. Located in a picturesque residential neighborhood, there are lots of options for parking on nearby streets. There is also handicap parking lining the front and side of the building.
3. Entrance: Sunday mornings, most people enter the church at the Main Entrance on the corner of the Fairmount and Saratoga. This entrance is handicap accessible. It is also 'staffed' by greeters who will welcome you and answer any questions you may have about worshipping at FAUMC.
4. Worship: Our worship service is energetically traditional. We celebrate the tradition of classical music, speak our intentions together through liturgy, share in prayer, offer our gifts, welcome our children, engage our minds and hearts through the sermon, and are present with one another in community. We practice an 'open communion,' which means that every first Sunday of the month, when communion is served, all are welcome at the table, regardless of their faith background or tradition.
5. Community: If you come a little early, all are invited downstairs in the Fellowship Hall for coffee, lemonade, and treats before worship offered from 10am - 10:30am. (In the summer, this community time is after worship on the front lawn.)
6.Kids and Babies: We LOVE kids in worship! 'Busy Bags' and children's bulletins are available every Sunday as families enter the sanctuary. In the middle of the worship service, children are invited up front for a special message and a little treat just for them (parents are always welcome to join their kiddos up front if it feels more comfortable.) All ages of children are welcome in the worship service, but if you prefer, nursery care is available for children ages 5 and under. After the children's sermon, toddlers and preschoolers are welcome to join our screened Nursery Volunteers, in the nursery. Any of the volunteer ushers can assist in locating the nursery before and during the worship service. It's up to you and your family - whether in the nursery or in worship, it is important to us that your whole family feel comfortable at FAUMC.
All nursery volunteers are vaccinated and will wear masks while caring for children.
7. Come before worship September - May to join a Sunday School class (available for all ages) at 9:00am. Young Adults are invited to stay after worship for a small group that meets at 11:30am.
And this is just Sunday Mornings...